Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Everybody needs a break sometimes.....

I took this weekend off from the internet. Thursday was July 4 and I spent the evening with some awesome friends/fellow band parents, and when I got home, I read some of my book, Under the Dome. Friday, after running a hundred errands and working out, I took my girls to see One Direction at Hershey Park. I posted exactly one image to Facebook.
15, 13 and 30776 other 'Directioners'

Saturday, I spent the day floating on the Potomac River with two of my very best girlfriends, Lisa and Susan. WHAT an amazingly relaxing time. Beer, pretzels and tons of laughter.

Me, an ice cold Shock Top, and Susan's right leg. Does it get any better than this? I think not.

I'll never leave the river again. It's my new home.
Sunday after working out, I sat on my butt and read another huge chunk of Under the Dome before going grocery shopping. Guess what I did Sunday night! If you said "get on the internet" you'd be wrong. I read even MORE of Under the Dome. I'm now more than 650 pages into this giant tome and am really enjoying it. I've gotten over the whole "nothing in the book matching what's in the mini-series" anger I had after the first episode. I ranted a little, I know, and I apologize to Mr. King. I've accepted the changes and have moved on.

I also happened to notice on Sunday that our house had become hell. While there was no fire and brimstone (only me, a short curly-haired version of Beelzebub), there was heat.

Me, short, curly-haired Beelzebub. Like it?
A hell of a lot of heat. It was 88 in the house. Our run capacitor shit the bed. And apparently, I'm the only person on earth who doesn't know what a run capacitor is. Everyone we spoke with said "Oh did your run capacitor die?" The only capacitor I am aware of is the flux capacitor from "Back to the Future". And while I didn't DRIVE 88, it was 88 degrees in our house, so I'm sure that has something to do with a flux capacitor. Whatever, it was hot.

So Monday I went back to work and right after work I had to go home and make some quick plans to get a replacement babysitter to take over for 13, who had come down with some nasty virus while babysitting, go buy ginger ale and pretzels for said sick kid, walk the neighbor's dog (the amazing and loveable Raleigh), and get 13 out of our hotter than hell house and over to Lisa's nice, cool, comfy air-conditioned house. 13 slept in the spare room for awhile and Lisa and I had dinner (LeanMoms.com meal plans are really tasty!!! She had the turkey and feta burger, I had the dijon chicken).

While we were at Lisa's, our neighbor Joe the Plumber (I'm not making that up, I swear) got his hands on a flux capacitor and drove the temperature down from 88 to a nice, cool 73. While he didn't drive up in a DeLorean, he DID make my house feel comfy.

By the time we got home from Lisa's, it was time to watch week 3 of Under the Dome. 13 and I went to bed after it was over and that was yet another day of no internet for me. No FB, no Twits. It was actually kind of nice not being connected to the computer. I actually enjoyed it. I may do that more often.

That doesn't mean I don't love you, you gorgeous snarklings, it just means real life got in the way and it didn't suck. Don't worry, I will never quit you.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Floating the river? I've be all over that like tattoos on Harry Styles' chest. Speaking of...it will be ME with 3,000 other Directioners next Thursday. My 17 yo is going by herself with a group of friends but I have...I mean...GET to take the 12 yo and friend. I'm wearing my old-school headphones. Was it awesome??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was high energy mixed with the loudest screams you can possibly imagine. I have to wonder why it didn't sound bad when WE screamed like that as kids at a Duran Duran show? Headphones or earplugs are MANDATORY if you want to ever have hearing again after the show.

      The guys in the band kept going on about how this was their favorite show of the tour so far (and Liam kept calling the town 'Hersheys'. "How ya doin' Hersheys?? We're loving it here in Hersheys!!")

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hooking up to the Hump Day Hook Up. Floating on a river avoiding the internet sounds like so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ThereMustBeAThirdOptionJuly 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM

    I have no idea what a run capacitor is either. Honestly, I thought your dog was sick and couldn't go running with you. Don't I have egg on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, the dog was fine. He missed the A/C more than I did. He loves to lie on the A/C vent and block the rest of us from being cool. He's a smart dog.

      If you were in my house on Sunday, you could've fried that egg on your face and had breakfast. It was that hot!

      Delete
  4. Love it! I unplugged for most of one day and it was heaven. Then last night I didn't take my phone to ball - no one could reach me - no one could text me - and we allllll survived. I love that you unplugged for the weekend!!!!

    Hope your flux capacity stays fluxing and your home cool. And I hope 13 is feeling better and no one else catches it!!!

    Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a good weekend! Glad your house got cooler! We went away over night Friday and Saturday and shut the A/C off. When we got home Saturday night, it was 92 degrees in the house! It took about 4 hours for the air to get down into the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I'd like to try a mini version of unplugging on a daily basis...

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.