Welcome to Snarkfest

Welcome to my snarky corner of the web. Join me as I discuss everything from wine to chocolate. There may be a few other topics mixed in there too. I talk a bunch about my amazing offspring, 24 and 21. I sometimes go on and on about my secret crush on the amazing Mike Rowe. I talk about things that irritate me or things that make me happy. Sometimes I just talk to hear myself talk. Feedback is always appreciated but please make sure it's respectable. No nudity or profanity. I'm the only one allowed to be profane. But any and all snark is welcome and appreciated!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Teaching a Lesson??

I just saw this story on the old news station I used to watch when we lived in Jersey and I'm rendered utterly speechless. Seems a little boy, age 6, was deemed 'too nice to people' by his mother, grandmother and aunt, and they wanted to teach him a lesson about possible stranger danger.

They had a friend of his aunt lure him into a truck with the threat of never seeing his mommy again, said that he's be 'nailed to the wall of a shed' and showed a gun to get him to stop crying.



They tied him up, blindfolded him, drove him to his house and kept him in his basement for awhile before bringing him upstairs, removing the blindfold and lecturing him about staying away from strangers.

Um, what the ever-loving hell???

Folks, I'm stunned. I'm rendered speechless at the horror of this story. His mother, grandmother, aunt and the friend are all in jail, the boy has been placed in protective custody.

This is just MY opinion, and you can choose to agree or disagree with me, but this boy NEEDS to be in protective custody, he needs to be protected from his family, from those who claim to love him. This poor little boy will probably need counseling and years of therapy after this bullshit idea.

I understand their thinking behind it, but come on! A handgun? Tying him up, blindfolding him and threatening him and his mommy if he doesn't cooperate? In WHAT WORLD is that a GOOD LESSON?

What do YOU think would be a better way to teach a lesson? Does it involve a handgun? Add this to the warehouse full of things I just don't understand.

17 comments:

  1. Seems to me it's not strangers he needs to be wary of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not the way to go about teaching their kid. Some people just really shouldn't have kids at all. I hope he gets all the nurturing and comfort he needs going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing wrong with a nice kid, simply teach them to be wary of others. And "stranger danger" was one of the worst possible ideas designed to protect kids. As in this case, most abductions and abuse come from friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually speechless (which doesn't happen very often) how? Why? Who in their ever loving mind would do this to their own child? This poor boy is going to grow up not trusting anyone, so glad he's away from his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG how could anyone possibly think this is a good idea? Poor kid. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally absurd. And I agree with John's comment. The majority of "danger" is from family and friends. 6 years old!!?? Sorry, I had to go back and reread that. Disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is, 'Wow!' Seriously, they thought this was a good idea? Yikes! So many other ways of teaching your children this lesson that don't involve scaring them to death or emotional trauma. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow is all I can say too. What the hell is wrong with people? In my opinion, with children the possible consequences of talking to strangers is all that's necessary, and even that has to be dealt with age appropriately and carefully. I agree with you; as terrible as it is that he's separated from the only family he knows, they sound like abusive morons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen, Sister. Glad I'm not the only one who thought this was just about the most insane thing I've ever heard. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed. Seriously. SMN

    ReplyDelete
  10. PSYCHOS! Good riddance. That poor kid. At least this is one case where a psycho family lesson actually ended in the kid SURVIVING. Because so many don't. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am speechless. I can't imagine doing that to your child. The most absurd thing I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got shivers reading this. How on earth did the parents come up with this idea and think it was a GOOD one? That poor, poor child. He will be damaged from this for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you also hear they pulled his pants down and told him he'd be a sex slave? WTF?? These people are sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely horrible, and as a child (and grandchild) of a woman absolutely obsessed with far-fetched possibilities of danger, I can even imagine how that kind of thinking could, far beyond the horizon, lead to this kind of behavior. It's good the child's in custody. Sometimes being in the system, for all its accompanying traumas, really is better than being left at home :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I heard this and was sick. I quickly tried to changed the channel because Littles walked into the room and they were shocked, "WHY mom - WHY?!?! That is so mean!" This poor child needs love not this bullcrap. Who in their right mind tortures another person to teach them a lesson??? WHO IN ANY MIND TORTURES a child!?!?!

    They scared him, abused him, tormented him, and told him he'd be a sex slave. I don't have words. Not the right words. I hope those people all get to spend a long time in jail.

    I hope that child gets all the love, help and support he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good lord, what kind of person does that? To anyone, let alone a child?!
    The poor kid, I hope that he finds a good family that will take care of him properly, and I sincerely hope that he remains 'too nice' whatever the fuck that means.
    There are not enough nice people in the world.

    ReplyDelete

I do read all comments and try to respond to them. Unless you're trying to get me to visit your website: Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags. Then you can go pound sand.